Our goal is to create the most comprehensive, standards-compliant and up-to-date directory of machine-readable API definitions, with the following principles:
- Open source, community driven project.
- Only publicly available APIs (free or paid).
- Anyone can add or change an API, not only API owners.
- All data can be accessed through a REST API.
If you want to reference this project and you need an icon or even a banner, check our branding guide. If you love our logo, we have a RedBubble store where you can buy official stickers, t-shirts, mugs etc.
What does APIs.guru do?
- Filter out private and non-reliable APIs
- Convert non-OpenAPI formats into OpenAPI 3.x
- Fix mistakes, ~80% of definitions have some
- Add additional data, like: logo, categories, …
- Update definitions on at least a weekly basis
API definition acceptance criteria
- Public - anyone can access it as long as they follow some clearly defined steps (subscribe, pay fees, etc.).
- Persistent - API is made with long-lived goal, and not for a particular event (conference, hackathon, etc.).
- Useful - API should provide useful functionality not only for its owner.
All definitions are automatically updated from their original source.
You can see this in the
x-origin property within each openapi.yaml or swagger.yaml file.
We run our update script at least weekly and automatically revalidate before committing.
If you see some APIs are not updated for more than 2 weeks please open an issue.
Own-Label API Directory
Do you want an 'own-label' or internal version of the OpenAPI Directory to create your own marketplace or keep track and document both your internal APIs and the external API definitions your organisation depends on? If so contact us now!
- Apideck - Faster data integration through Unified APIs
- API Tracker - Aggregates 14,000+ APIs, SDKs, API specifications, integrations and DX profiles. It aims to help developers access the information they need to integrate APIs faster.
- https://any-api.com - Documentation and Test Consoles for Public APIs
- https://datafire.io - allows you to process and transfer data between APIs, databases, and more
- https://pipedream.com/ - The integration platform built for developers
- https://sdks.io - Explore Automatically Generated SDKs
- https://cenit.io - Data integration platform
- commandcar - Curl on steroids
- Material Swagger UI Hub - testing and exploring hub for Material Swagger UI demo
- HTTP Toolkit Beautiful & open-source tools to debug, test and develop with HTTP(S)
- Paw - The most powerful HTTP client for Mac - You can import definitions and directly play with the APIs, see how
- Bitscoop - A better way to create and maintain integrations
- WinSwag - A UWP app for loading Swagger definitions and exploring REST APIs
- ReadMe.io - Beautiful, personalized, interactive developer hubs.
- OpenAPI-Directory-JS - The OpenAPI directory precompiled & indexed for JS usage & searching.
Also used as test suite in the following projects:
- ReDoc - OpenAPI-generated API Reference Documentation
- swagger-parser - OpenAPI parser and validator for Node and browsers
- SwaggerProvider - F# Type Provider for Swagger
- ardoq-swagger-addon - Ardoq OpenAPI addon
- swagvali - Module to build validators for OpenAPI Request parameters and Response objects
- swagger-search - An application that collects and indexes swagger docs from your microservices architecture
Integration with 3rd-party services
We discourage you from using Github RAW links or Git directly, the repository structure may change in the future. Instead, we strongly recommend you to use our REST API.
Some definitions are taken from Open Source projects:
- darklynx/swagger-api-collection - OpenAPI description for Instagram API
- Mermade/bbcapis - OpenAPI definitions for the BBC Nitro and iBL APIs
- amardeshbd/medium-api-specification - OpenAPI 2.0 description for Medium API
- faragorn/open-api-specs - OpenAPI definition for the Giphy API
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute.
See also AsyncAPI-Directory
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. Become a sponsor.
Support this project by becoming a partner. Your logo will be displayed prominently in this project and we will work with you to publicise and showcase your projects. Become a partner.